The relationship between an organisation and its employees drives its performance, its profit and reputation. Employers must proactively manage a range of real and potential workplace issues to identify risks and minimise disputes.
We understand our clients and we know how workplace laws and regulations affect their industry. We recognise our clients as primary decision-makers who should be armed with pragmatic, strategic advice to make informed decisions.
Our employment law team provides considered, tailored solutions, without the fluff and jargon and within your budget and timeframe. We deliver smart, focused advice across a range of employment law issues including:
- Workplace relations – drafting and managing employment contracts, developing policies to manage risk and performance, advising on termination and redundancy.
- Industrial relations – negotiating and implementing enterprise agreements, investigating and advising on workplace compliance issues, formulating strategies to reduce and manage disputes, conducting training and coaching to minimise workplace disruption.
- Work health and safety – advising on health and safety laws as they apply to our clients’ specific workplace, tailoring strategies to identify and minimise risks and hazards, advising clients during workplace investigations.
- Advocacy – representing and defending clients in disputed matters at the Fair Work Commission, Tribunals and Federal Court of Australia.
- Restructuring – advising on restructures, mergers and acquisitions and their impact on employee benefits, transfer of employees, termination and redundancy entitlements.
- Emergency workers – providing insights specific to the emergency industry, giving tailored advice to reduce risk, minimise exposure and manage claims.
- Workplace training and education – coaching across a range of regulatory and compliance matters including best practice, contract management, privacy and data retention, presenting information sessions on industry updates, trends and analysis.
Employment laws change often. Our team is progressive and innovative, helping businesses navigate complex and sensitive workplace issues to achieve practical focused outcomes.